Description: Priest's House
Date Listed: 10 November 1955
English Heritage Building ID: 187545
OS Grid Reference: SP8685293606
OS Grid Coordinates: 486852, 293606
Latitude/Longitude: 52.5334, -0.7210
CALDECOTT CHURCH CLOSE
10.11.55 Priest's House
as Building 80 yds
S of Church).
House. Early-mid C17 refurbished 1978-9. Banded limestone and ironstone rubble,
slate roof, coped gables with moulded kneelers and roll-moulding at each apex.
Central ashlar chimney with pair of square shafts and missing cornice. Baffle
entry plan. 2 storeys and attic, 2 bays. Right bay has 3-light windows with
ovolo-moulded limestone mullions, the lower window with casement cornice. Single
lights with ovolo-moulded limestone surrounds and cornices to left bay and to
off-centre staircase. Leaded glazing. Central C20 gabled stone porch. C20
attic windows in gables. Rear retains C17 windows with ovolo mullions to ground
floor, 3-light to left, 4-light with king mullion to right, but has C20 wooden
casements above. Good interior features, with stop-chamfered spine and tie-beams
and stone fireplace with 4-centred arch in right bay. Large fireplace in left
bay has wooden lintel shaped into 4-centred arch with bracket-like ends and
moulded rectangular surround.
Listing NGR: SP8685293606
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.