Church of All Saints, Kingston upon Thames
Description: Church of All Saints
Date Listed: 30 July 1951
English Heritage Building ID: 203096
OS Grid Reference: TQ1790369300
OS Grid Coordinates: 517903, 169300
Latitude/Longitude: 51.4105, -0.3061
Location: Thames Street, Kingston upon Thames, Greater London KT1 1RJ
Incorrect location/postcode? Submit a correction!
TQ 1769 SE KINGSTON-UPON-THAMES CHURCH STREET
6/2 Church of All Saints
Mostly C14 and C15, with traces of earlier work, including the remains of old Norman
chapel on south side of church. Much restored in 19th century by Brandon (1862-6)
and Pearson (1883). Flint with stone dressings and stone battlemented parapet.
Slate roof comprises. Four bay nave, with Perpendicular clerestory, choir, north
and south aisles, transepts and chapels. Cruciform with central tower. Upper part
of tower rebuilt in 1708 in brick with dipped parapet and pineapple ornaments to the
corners. Contains many good monuments and wall tablets, including Chantrey's seated
figure commemorating Countess Louisa Theodosia of Liverpool, 1825, and Flaxman's
monument to Philip Meadows of 1795. Good 19th century stained glass, including the
west window. 1865 by Lavers and Barrand, the west window to the north aisle and the
easternmost window in south wall of south chapel, probably by the same, and the
earlier south aisle window east. 4 earlier roundels in north aisle.
Listing NGR: TQ1790369300
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.