Description: Mauldeth Hall
Date Listed: 10 March 1975
English Heritage Building ID: 210855
OS Grid Reference: SJ8702292180
OS Grid Coordinates: 387022, 392180
Latitude/Longitude: 53.4263, -2.1968
1. MAULDETH ROAD
5086 (East Side)
SJ 8792 8/151
Early-mid C19. Late Grecian villa. 2 storeys in ashlar with hipped slate
roof and parapet and cornice. 2-3-2 windows in surrounds with cornice, hung
sashes with glazing bars, aprons. Centre breaks forward. 2 windows to each
block on ground floor, which is chanelled. Centre door in moulded surround.
Flight of steps to columned portice in Greek Doric. Band to lst floor cills
and between storeys. Right-hand section has Ionic unfluted pilaster treatment
and pedimented gable. Front partly concealed by 2-storey extension of 1881
with windows mainly of 3 lights to the right. Rounded bay of 2 storeys to
side elevation. Purchased on the 7 February 1854 as a residence for the Bishops of
Manchester. Later a hospital for Incurable Diseases.
Listing NGR: SJ8702292180
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.