Description: Church of St Lawrence
Date Listed: 8 September 1961
English Heritage Building ID: 218226
OS Grid Reference: SP2522881661
OS Grid Coordinates: 425228, 281661
Latitude/Longitude: 52.4324, -1.6304
There is also a scheduled monument, Churchyard Cross in St Lawrence's Churchyard, at the same location as this building or very close to it. This may be related in some way or possibly a different name for the same structure.
732/16/377 CHURCH LANE
08-SEP-61 (Northwest side)
CHURCH OF ST LAWRENCE
Parish church of C12 origin, altered and enlarged C13-15. Nave, aisles, chancel, west tower. Modern south porch and south-east vestry. Modern hipped tiled roof replaces spire of embattled tower. Restored early to mid C19. Monuments include 2 with effigies circa 1400 and 1450; 2 in chancel, 1833 and 1837. VCH, IV, pp 152-4.
The Church of Saint Lawrence, Church Farmhouse, Moat House, The Glebe House and The Vicarage form a group.
Listing NGR: SP2522981659
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.