Description: All Saints Church
Date Listed: 26 February 1954
English Heritage Building ID: 229741
OS Grid Reference: TG2314408229
OS Grid Coordinates: 623144, 308229
Latitude/Longitude: 52.6259, 1.2956
TG 2308 SW WESTLEGATE
26.2.54. All Saints Church
Former parish church now redundant and used as community centre. C15 and
C16. Flint with stone and brick dressings. Plain tile roofs. West tower.
Nave and chancel. North aisle and south porch. Unbuttressed tower with
brick quoins. The top was added in 1913. 4-bay nave with single storey
porch and 3-light Perpendicular windows with 4-centre arches. 2-bay chancel
having 2-light early C15 windows with reticulated tracery and 2-centre
arches. C19 3-light east window. Heavy octagonal arcade piers with 3-
order 4-centre arches. Nave windows contained within wall arches. Slightly
off-centre chancel arch. The nave roof consists of open trusses with a
single butt-purlin and curved braces springing from alternating high and
low wall posts corresponding to the arcade arches.
Listing NGR: TG2314408229
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.