Description: The Old Vicarage
Date Listed: 15 May 1986
English Heritage Building ID: 237718
OS Grid Reference: NT9961132264
OS Grid Coordinates: 399611, 632264
Latitude/Longitude: 55.5840, -2.0077
NT 93 NE DODDINGTON DODDINGTON VILLAGE
9/9 The Old Vicarage
House, formerly vicarage. 1835-6 for Rev. Proctor. Rendered with exposed ashlar
dressings and Welsh slate roof.
2 storeys, 3 bays. Central 2-leaf door with small-paned overlight. Doorcase has
pilasters, plain frieze and cornice set in 2-storey flat raised centrepiece.
Ground-floor windows are 12-pane sashes in architraves. 6-pane sashes in similar
surrounds above. Unmoulded angle pilaster strips, plain top frieze and moulded
Hipped roof with central stack.
Similar decoration on 4-bay returns. Rear bay of house added in 1890's in similar
style but with tripartite windows in moulded surrounds.
Interior has staircase with square balusters and wreathed handrail, 6-panelled
doors and internal shutters.
Listing NGR: NT9961832264
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.