Date Listed: 25 April 1988
English Heritage Building ID: 260707
OS Grid Reference: SJ4038423345
OS Grid Coordinates: 340384, 323345
Latitude/Longitude: 52.8044, -2.8857
BASCHURCH C.P. B.4397 (south-east side)
SJ 42 SW
Farmhouse, now disused. Dated 1705 with mid-C19 additions and alterations.
Painted red brick with large red sandstone blocks to ground floor of C19
addition; plain tile roof to front with slates to rear and C19 addition.
Red brick ridge stack slightly to right of centre and integral end stack
to addition. L-plan comprising 2-room lobby-entry main range and full-
height C19 addition to rear on left (see straight joint). 2 storeys
with continuous floor band and deep boxed eaves to front; dentilled eaves
cornice to rear and to C19 addition. Segmental-headed 3-light leaded
casements (lower left with leaded lights replaced by plate glass) to either
side of mid-C19 flat-roofed brick porch. This has contemporary 4-panel
outer door with rectangular barred overlight; inner segmental-arched doorway
with panelled reveals. Moulded datestone "H/TE/1705" above porch.
Interior. Front ground-floor rooms have panelled window shutters.
First floor has wide-boarded oak floor boards and late C18 or early C19 cast-
iron fireplaces to left and right rooms.
Listing NGR: SJ4038423345
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.