Description: Barn and Stabling to the South West of the Mill House
Date Listed: 26 September 1989
English Heritage Building ID: 310043
OS Grid Reference: SZ6387587587
OS Grid Coordinates: 463875, 87587
Latitude/Longitude: 50.6844, -1.0972
SZ68NW Barn and stabling to the SW of the
1352-0/2/4 Mill House
Stabling and barn. 2 builds, barn dated 1706 over lintel to
cart entrance, stabling later C18. Barn is built of Isle of
Wight stone with roof now covered in corrugated iron.
Left-hand side has stabling for one horse with wooden
mullioned window to ground floor and above another window with
wooden pegged architrave and sliding shutter with iron cames
and old glass (probably stable boy's accommodation). Central
cart entrance and 2 tiers of triangular ventilation slits.
Later roof of scientific kingpost trusses. Stabling to left is
also of Isle of Wight stone but of lower elevation with old
pegtiled roof. Gable end with brick kneelers. Stable door has
pegged architrave and brick dressings. Brick gable end with
attic hay loft loading door with 4-plank door. Interior has
chamfered spine beam possibly reused from a domestic building.
Listing NGR: SZ6387587587
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.