Date Listed: 18 April 1952
English Heritage Building ID: 312697
OS Grid Reference: ST8252360809
OS Grid Coordinates: 382523, 160809
Latitude/Longitude: 51.3461, -2.2523
1. ST MARGARET'S STREET
5411 (West Side)
No 46 (Glenavon)
ST 8260 2/4 18.4.52.
Early C19 frontage. Ashlar, high-pitched slate roof, 3 cambered-headed
dormers with casements. 2 storeys 3 windows, 1st floor sashes, with glazing
bars in plain reveals. Ground floor windows are square-headed, triple-light,
with narrow side-lights, divided by slender fluted half columms. These
windows are set in shallow segmental -arched recesses. Centre doorway
with semi-circular head in narrow arched recess, fanlight with glazing
bars. 6-panelled door. Plain string at 1st floor level, moulded cornice.
Plain parapet. House set back slightly from building line, shallow paved
forecourt with plain iron railings and gate.
The Three Horseshoes and Nos 1 to 4 (consec) Frome Road form a group with
the Liberal Club, The Baptist Chapel, the Congregational Church and Hall
and Nos 6 to 16 (consec) 19 to 22 (consec), 36, 42 to 49 (consec) and Westbury
House, St Margarets Street and No 1 St Margarets Hill.
Listing NGR: ST8252360809
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.