Description: Former Lock Up
Date Listed: 29 December 1950
English Heritage Building ID: 314193
OS Grid Reference: ST8536058001
OS Grid Coordinates: 385360, 158001
Latitude/Longitude: 51.3209, -2.2115
[formerly listed as Lock-up
(immediately east of
ST 8557 4/84 29.12.50.
Immediately east of Town Bridge on south east side. Formerly dated 1757, called
'The Blind House'. Damaged in riots 1826 and in 1942 by Bomb blast. Now restored.
Single storey, square stone block with stepped coping to square dome with ball
finial. Panel of rusticated stone to road. Open gabled stone porch, stout plank
door, formerly iron clad and nailstudded.
Listing NGR: ST8536058001
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.