Description: Leaden Hall
Date Listed: 28 February 1952
English Heritage Building ID: 319061
OS Grid Reference: SU1411229321
OS Grid Coordinates: 414112, 129321
Latitude/Longitude: 51.0631, -1.8000
No 70 (Leaden Hall)
SU 1429 SW 5/5 28.2.52.
Original canonical house on this site built by Elias de Dereham, designer
of the Cathedral, probably one of earliest in the Close. Present house built
to north in 1717 some reused Old stonework in fabric. Stucco buttressed east
front, with moulded eaves cornice and old tile roof half hipped. 3 windows
on lst floor. 2 windows on ground floor, the right hand windows on 3 light.
All windows with drip moulds. Projecting central ('Gothic') buttressed porch
with glazed door, early Cl9. A central arched fanlight with 4 central arched
panes. West front in 2 parts, the main part taller, all of ashlar stone faith
moulded cornice and parapet, and 3 tall windows. A lower extension and service
block to the north also of 3 windows.
All the listed buildings in the Close form an outstanding group.
Listing NGR: SU1410929327
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.