Description: 64 and 66, the Crescent
Date Listed: 23 March 1988
English Heritage Building ID: 334895
OS Grid Reference: SE5291407877
OS Grid Coordinates: 452914, 407877
Latitude/Longitude: 53.5648, -1.2025
ADWICK-LE-STREET THE CRESCENT
SE 50 NW (outer side),
11/31 Nos. 64 and 66
Pair of semi-detached houses. 1908. By Percy Houfton for the Brodsworth
Colliery Company. Brick ground floor, roughcast above; later cement-tile
roof. 2 storeys, 2 : 2 windows to 1st floor; reflected pair. Wooden
casements with glazing bars (one window of No. 66 replaced). No. 64 (on
left) has boarded door under wooden canopy on curved brackets flanked by a
window of 3 lights on left and of 4 lights on right; tile dripcourse.
1st floor: two 4-light windows with dripcourse beneath gable decorated by
motif of squares. No. 66 the same but with later door and casement on its
right. Swept eaves. Dentilled brick end stacks corbelled from the gables;
matching central ridge stack. Part of Woodlands colliery village (see under
Church of All Saints, Central Avenue).
Listing NGR: SE5291407877
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.