Description: The Old Vicarage
Date Listed: 16 March 1984
English Heritage Building ID: 33570
OS Grid Reference: ST5029875235
OS Grid Coordinates: 350298, 175235
Latitude/Longitude: 51.4739, -2.7170
ST 57 NW PORTBURY
2/175 The Old Vicarage
Vicarage, now a private house. Circa 1840. Coursed rubble with freestone
dressings; slate roof behind parapet with moulded cornice, pinnacles and
finials; paired decorative octagonal ashlar stacks. In a Tudor Gothic style;
L-plan with a gabled cross wing to the right. 2 storeys and attics. 3 bays:
single and 2-light casement window with cusped ogee-headed tracery and square
hoodmoulds. Ashlar porch in re-entrant angle, embattled parapet and octagonal
pinnacle to left side; chamfered doorway with 4-centred head, panelled door.
The cross wing has octagonal ashlar corner turrets which terminate in decorative
pinnacles; 1:3:1 light bay window on ground floor and circular window with
decorated tracery in the attic. The east gable end has a 2 storey canted bay
window with a plain parapet.
Listing NGR: ST5029875235
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.