Description: York House
Date Listed: 9 August 1983
English Heritage Building ID: 336841
OS Grid Reference: SE1622933432
OS Grid Coordinates: 416229, 433432
Latitude/Longitude: 53.7969, -1.7551
5111 MANOR ROW BD1
SE 1633 SW 36/819 (York House)
Circa 1866 by Lockwood and Mawson. Built as the Bradford Club. A large building
extending back along Upper Piccadilly and now serving as Police Station next to the County Court. Three storeys, sandstone "brick" with ashlar dressings, simplified Venetian Gothic detail. Steep slate roof, hipped over Manor Row front. Weathered plinth capping, roll moulded sill courses, foliage modillions to eaves. Two light colonetted windows. Large canted bay on 2 storeys with tripartite lights on ground floor, all shafted. Return to Upper Piccadilly has long range of similar windows and colonetted stair light, with arches in tympanum, rising through 2 storeys. Shafted jambs to large pointed arched doorway.
Listing NGR: SE1622933432
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.