Parish Church of All Saints, Ravensden
Description: Parish Church of All Saints
Date Listed: 13 July 1964
English Heritage Building ID: 36473
OS Grid Reference: TL0777554316
OS Grid Coordinates: 507775, 254316
Latitude/Longitude: 52.1766, -0.4253
Location: Church End, Ravensden, Bedford Borough MK44 2RR
Incorrect location/postcode? Submit a correction!
TL 05SE RAVENSDEN CHURCH END
7/70 Parish Church of All
Parish church. Late C12 to late C17 or early C18. Coursed limestone rubble,
some brown cobbles, some red brick, with ashlar dressinqs. Clay tile roofs.
Chancel, N vestry, nave, S porch, N aisle, W tower. Chancel: C14, S wall
rebuilt circa 1700 in red brick. S windows square-headed with C19 tracery.
C14 E window reworked C20. C19 chancel arch. Segmental arch to N wall leads
to late C19 N vestry of brown cobbles. Nave: rebuilt C15, but retains Cl2 S
doorway with chequerboard pattern to interior tympanum. Timber and red brick
S porch circa 1700. C13 3-bay N arcade. C13 N aisle, with C15 windows and
doorway, latter blocked, and C17 roof of 2 cross gables. 2-stage W tower: c15
with simple C16 belfry windows and embattled parapet. Interior: Nave roof
plastered, but still with original ties and crown posts. Other roofs modern.
Nave S wall has 1718 monument to John Wigstaffe and wife Elizabeth.
Listing NGR: TL0777554316
This text is a legacy record and has not been updated since the building was originally listed. Details of the building may have changed in the intervening time. You should not rely on this listing as an accurate description of the building.
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.