Description: Church of St Giles
Date Listed: 15 November 1954
English Heritage Building ID: 389675
OS Grid Reference: SO5128374114
OS Grid Coordinates: 351283, 274114
Latitude/Longitude: 52.3629, -2.7168
SO5174 Church of St Giles
Parish Church. C11 to C16. Rubble; plain tile roof. Nave,
chancel and short west tower; Foxe Chapel to north. Norman
nave with later painted doorway; chancel c1300, including
double chamfered chancel arch. Foxe chapel established c1555:
plain plastered barrel vault roof and moulded cornice.
Monuments: brasses to William Foxe and wife, with kneeling
children, 1554; Edward Foxe, c1610, altar shaped, with lid on
columns; Dorothy Charlton, c1658; Sir Job Charlton, c1697,
with recumbent effigy on tomb chest with Ionic pilasters, and
back with semi-circular top flanked by two vases.
(Cranage DHS: An Architectural Account of the Churches of
Listing NGR: SO5128474114
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.