The Vicarage Including Attached Coachhouse, Olney
Description: The Vicarage Including Attached Coachhouse
Date Listed: 3 March 1952
English Heritage Building ID: 45686
OS Grid Reference: SP8898851118
OS Grid Coordinates: 488988, 251118
Latitude/Longitude: 52.1512, -0.7008
Location: 3 Church Street, Olney, Milton Keynes MK46 4AD
Incorrect location/postcode? Submit a correction!
OLNEY CHURCH STREET
1/12 (north side)
3.3.52 The Vicarage including
Early C18, ashlar stone, old tiled roof with three widely spaced hipped dormers with
double hung sashes. Three stone and brick chimney stacks, dentilled eaves cornice.
Two storeys and attic, first floor band. Door right of centre with 4 panels, two
flush panels, plain reveals, good stone doorcase with eared architrave, pulvinated
frieze and consoles supporting dentilled triangular pediment. Windows are sashes in
plain stone architraves with keyblocks, two to right of door, three to left and six to
first floor. Low wall on right links house to C18 stone coachhouse with old tiled
roof, door on left, carriageway door on right.
Home of John Newton, while curate of Olney 1764-1780, friend of William Cowper and his
collaborator on the Olney Hymns.
Listing NGR: SP8898851118
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.