Trinity College, Whewell's Court Whewell's Court Whewell's Court Trinity College, Cambridge
Description: Trinity College, Whewell's Court
Whewell's Court Trinity College
Date Listed: 18 May 1967
English Heritage Building ID: 47282
OS Grid Reference: TL4487258693
OS Grid Coordinates: 544872, 258693
Latitude/Longitude: 52.2074, 0.1187
Location: 4 All Saints Passage, Cambridge CB2 1TQ
Incorrect location/postcode? Submit a correction!
TL 4458 NE 3/407 18.5.67
2 courts, with a third between formed by the boundary walls; the western
court was built 1856-60, the eastern 1865-68, both are by A Salvin, partly
remodelled by W D Caroe in 1908. Salvin was assisted in his design by
the Master of Trinity, William Whewell. The buildings are stone faced,
in the Gothic style. Three storeys with many gables, two, three and four,
light pointed windows. The east court has Elizabethan type bay-windows
added by Caroe. There were other alterations to the south side of the
west court dated 1897. Slate roofs.
Listing NGR: TL4487258693
This text is a legacy record and has not been updated since the building was originally listed. Details of the building may have changed in the intervening time. You should not rely on this listing as an accurate description of the building.
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.