Church of the Holy Sepulchre, Cambridge
Description: Church of the Holy Sepulchre
Date Listed: 26 April 1950
English Heritage Building ID: 47357
OS Grid Reference: TL4488358807
OS Grid Coordinates: 544883, 258807
Latitude/Longitude: 52.2084, 0.1190
Location: Sidney Street, Cambridge CB2 1UJ
Incorrect location/postcode? Submit a correction!
TL 4458 NE BRIDGE STREET
(North East side)
Church of the Holy Sepulchre
Includes: CHURCH OF THE HOLYSEPULCHRE, ROUND CHURCH STREET
On east side of Bridge Street opposite the north end of St John's Street. One of the 5 surviving round churches in the country. The circular nave with its aisle is of the first half of the C12; the upper part was altered in the C15 and there are remains of that date in the chancel. The building was drastically restored and in part rebuilt in 1841, to which date much of the Eastern arm belongs. The work was done under the direction of A Salvin, and financed by the Cambridge Camden Society. Most of the fittings date from this period. Nos 8-19 (cons), The Church of the Holy Sepulchre and The Church of St Clement form a group. (Sources: The Royal Commission on the Historical Monuments of England: Inventory of the Historical Monuments in the City of Cambridge: 1959:-)
Listing NGR: TL4488358807
This text is a legacy record and has not been updated since the building was originally listed. Details of the building may have changed in the intervening time. You should not rely on this listing as an accurate description of the building.
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.