War Memorial of Church of St Mark with Attached Piers and Linking Chains War Memorial South West of, Saltburn, Marske and New Marske
Description: War Memorial of Church of St Mark with Attached Piers and Linking Chains
War Memorial South West of
Date Listed: 26 May 1999
English Heritage Building ID: 475524
OS Grid Reference: NZ6333722312
OS Grid Coordinates: 463337, 522312
Latitude/Longitude: 54.5920, -1.0213
Location: Redcar Road, Saltburn Marske and New Marske, Redcar and Cleveland TS11 6BL
Incorrect location/postcode? Submit a correction!
SALTBURN, MARSKE AND NEW MARSKE
NZ6322SW REDCAR ROAD, Marske
802-1/5/22 (North side)
War Memorial SW of Church of St Mark
with attached piers and linking
Includes: War Memorial of Church of St Mark with attached
piers and linking chains HALL CLOSE Marske.
War memorial to those from Marske-by-the-Sea who died in the
Great War. 1921; reputed to be by J Jackson of Marske.
Peterborough granite; bronze plaques. Square plan.
2 shallow steps to tapered chamfered plinth, supporting high
chamfered corniced base. Tall tapered chamfered shaft sweeps
in from plinth cornice and has top roll moulding on each wide
face; large sphere on top supports plain cross finial. Low
relief laurel wreath at base of shaft. Tapered square granite
pillars 2m from memorial have stepped tops and side rings for
chains which are now missing.
(Cleveland County Council: Typescript notes).
Listing NGR: NZ6333722312
This text is a legacy record and has not been updated since the building was originally listed. Details of the building may have changed in the intervening time. You should not rely on this listing as an accurate description of the building.
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.