Description: Tulliallan Castle (scottish Police College)
Date Listed: 20 June 1972
Historic Scotland Building ID: 16585
OS Grid Coordinates: 293621, 688072
Latitude/Longitude: 56.0736, -3.7105
Large castellated gothic mansion. Three-storey symmetrical turreted and battlemented main block with projecting tower and two-storey wings. 1818-20, William Atkinson, architect.
A-group with Tulliallan Castle Walled Garden, Tulliallan Doocot, Keith Mausoleum and Churchyard, and Blackhall Lodge (see separate listings).
Built for Admiral the Hon Sir George Keith-Elphinstone who had acquired the estate of Tulliallan in 1798 and was created Viscount Keith in 1814. Passed to Mitchell family in 1924. Free Polish Forces HQ in World War II Police College since 1954.
Source: Historic Scotland
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.