Description: 124 Greenock Road St Columba's College (formerly Northfield)
Date Listed: 8 September 1982
Historic Scotland Building ID: 37168
OS Grid Coordinates: 219792, 660910
Latitude/Longitude: 55.8078, -4.8771
In the style of David and James Hamilton. Circa 1830.
Asymmetrical 2-storey villa with Tudor details. Harled,
with ashlar dressings and porch. South elevation: 7 bays;
off-centre door behind basket-arched gabled porch; single
window above, and single windows in left bay (hood-moulded
and blind at ground floor); tall, paired, corbelled,
octagonal wall-head stack. Advanced gabled bay to right
has hood-moulded sashes with lying-pane glazing and round
-headed attic light. 3 bays beyond to right, outer with
advanced gable and lying-pane sashes. West elevation has
4 bays, 2 outer advanced and gabled; projecting ground
floor window to left and canted window to right, 1st floor
windows hood-moulded. Central ground floor sashes with
hood-moulds, 1st floor windows basket-arched eaves course
raised above and finialled. Octagonal gable-head, wall
-head and ridge stacks; gable finials. Slate roof, with
decorative ridge tiles.
Similar in style to Prior Lodge which was identified as
being by David and James Hamilton.
Source: Historic Scotland
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.