East Adamston,farmhouse Including Boundary Wall, Muirhead
Description: East Adamston,farmhouse Including Boundary Wall
Date Listed: 26 August 1992
Historic Scotland Building ID: 6487
OS Grid Coordinates: 332935, 735486
Latitude/Longitude: 56.5066, -3.0912
Location: Lundie, Angus DD2 5QX
Incorrect location/postcode? Submit a correction!
Earlier 19th century. Single and 2-storey, 3-bay, U-plan, classically styled farmhouse. Pink and buff rubble construction, ashlar dressings, piended slate roof. Margined windows (painted cement-rendered at S elevation), mostly 4- and 12-pane sash and case frames; deep eaves; prominent shouldered and corniced end and wallhead stacks.
S ELEVATION: door with plain margined doorcase, fanlight and block pediment at advanced central bay, 12-pane window at 1st floor; window at ground floor left and right with plain block canopy detail, 12-pane windows at 1st floor.
W ELEVATION: window at ground floor right at main house, window at ground floor and 2 windows at 1st floor of service wing at right.
E ELEVATION: main house at right blank, single storey projectin at left with bipartite window.
N ELEVATION: door at single storey link at centre, stair window at main house; 2-storey service wing projecting at left with window at ground floor, 1 window at ground and 2 at 1st floor right return; window at single storey wing at right.
INTERIOR: well stair with decorative cast-iron balusters; some early chimneypieces; some shutters and doors with fielded panels.
This text is a legacy record and has not been updated since the building was originally listed. Details of the building may have changed in the intervening time. You should not rely on this listing as an accurate description of the building.References:
OSA (1795), vol.XIV, p250; NSA (1845), vol.XI, p652; Atlas of Part of Camperdown Estate, 1848, DARC GD/NUS 23.
East Adamston was owned by the Duncans of Lundie, later of Camperdown during the 18th and 19th centuries. There is a lintel 'DY 1757' re-set into the east elevation of the adjacent steading.
Source: Historic Scotland
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.