This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7088 / 51°42'31"N
Longitude: -1.7819 / 1°46'54"W
OS Eastings: 415167
OS Northings: 201140
OS Grid: SP151011
Mapcode National: GBR 4SJ.SCV
Mapcode Global: VHB2V.29BW
Entry Name: Fifteen Monuments Including Kingdon, About 13 to 23 Metres South of First Aisle Buttress from East in Churchyard of Church of St Mary
Listing Date: 17 June 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1090003
English Heritage Legacy ID: 129707
Location: Fairford, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7
Civil Parish: Fairford
Built-Up Area: Fairford
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: South Cotswold Team Ministry
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SP 1401-1501 FAIRFORD HIGH STREET
13/151 Fifteen monuments including Kingdon,
about 13-23m south of first aisle
buttress from east in churchyard of
Church of St. Mary
Three chest tombs: From north to south: Kingdon 1807,
Unidentified 1729 and mid C18; with 12 headstones of mid/late C18,
six between Kingdon and west end of Unidentified of 1729, 6 south
of east end of latter. Limestone. Kingdon and Unidentified of
1729 both with stepped tent top with curved top section and roll
moulding, moulded plinth and capping on base, slightly fielded ends
and sides. Kingdon has piece missing on plinth to south;
Unidentified has low relief flanking side strips, and plain frieze.
Headstones between, 2 central ones with high relief cartouche and
cherub's head, rest plain. Headstones to south, 3 with high relief
cartouche and cherub's head, rest plain, one dated 1788.
Unidentified tomb to south west almost completely overgrown at time
of survey (September 1985) but appears to have stepped tent top,
moulded plinth and capping on double base, plain ends and sides,
with fluted side strips and some low relief carving.
Listing NGR: SP1516701140
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings