This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7645 / 51°45'52"N
Longitude: -0.9053 / 0°54'18"W
OS Eastings: 475645
OS Northings: 207876
OS Grid: SP756078
Mapcode National: GBR C21.CY9
Mapcode Global: VHDV9.8X87
Entry Name: Parish Church of St Michael
Listing Date: 21 December 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1118340
English Heritage Legacy ID: 42952
Location: Aston Sandford, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP17
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Aston Sandford
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Aston Sandford
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 70 NE ASTON SANDFORD ASTON SANDFORD
7/14 Parish Church of St. Michael
Parish church. C13, C18, restored 1878. Rubblestone with dressings.
Weatherboarded bellcote with copper roof. Other roofs plain clay tiles.
2 bay chancel 3 bay nave and west bellcote. South porch. Chancel
east wall has 3 lancets, 2 windows in south wall separated by
weathered buttress, each of one cusped light with hood moulds. North
wall has modern door into vestry and single cinquefoil light window.
Nave has 2 windows in north wall of Y-tracery. South side has 2 cusped
2-light windows with porch between, north wall with doorway between.
West wall has blocked C13 window covered by C15 buttress. N.W. angle
buttress and buttresses to south and north walls of nave, all
weathered. Bellcote has louvred opening to each face and pyramidal roof.
Interior: Aumbry on north wall of chancel. Chancel arch has C13 responds
but arch replaced by 1878 timber arch. Two slender shafts with rough
caps, the south one a grotesque head. Inner shaft on each side
terminated by corbels. Nave roof collar-beam trusses, some original.
Stained glass: chancel east centre lancet: C13 seated Christ with box
of nard. Nave north east window: Good window by Farrar Bell, 1969.
RCHM I. 22. MON.1.
Listing NGR: SP7564507876
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings