This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7641 / 51°45'50"N
Longitude: -0.9046 / 0°54'16"W
OS Eastings: 475688
OS Northings: 207841
OS Grid: SP756078
Mapcode National: GBR C22.645
Mapcode Global: VHDV9.8XLH
Entry Name: Manor Cottage
Listing Date: 11 October 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1332900
English Heritage Legacy ID: 42953
Location: Aston Sandford, Aylesbury Vale, Buckinghamshire, HP17
District: Aylesbury Vale
Civil Parish: Aston Sandford
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Aston Sandford
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP 70 NE ASTON SANDFORD ASTON SANDFORD
7/15 Manor Cottage
Cottage. Circa 1867, probably by Sir G.G. Scott who enlarged the
Manor. Red brick with plum brick bands, stone window frames. Old
tile roofs. 2 storeys 2 bays, the right hand bay gabled. Left hand bay
has at right board door in lean-to tiled porch. At left 2-light
ground floor casement. 1st floor gabled 2-light casement. Behind ridge
is diagonal flue. Segmental arched openings. Right bay has 2
storey canted bay window with stone mullioned windows. Vent in gable.
Right hand lateral stack with 2 diagonally set flues. Identical in
detail and style to Scott's Manor House enlargement.
Listing NGR: SP7568807840
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings