This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7354 / 51°44'7"N
Longitude: -1.6356 / 1°38'8"W
OS Eastings: 425261
OS Northings: 204138
OS Grid: SP252041
Mapcode National: GBR 5TV.1BR
Mapcode Global: VHC05.LNP0
Entry Name: The Old Manor
Listing Date: 12 September 1955
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1199071
English Heritage Legacy ID: 253431
Location: Broadwell, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, GL7
District: West Oxfordshire
Civil Parish: Broadwell
Built-Up Area: Broadwell
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Broadwell with Kelmscott
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SP2404-2504 BROADWELL VILLAGE STREET
8/136 The Old Manor
House. Late C18/early C19, possibly with C17 origins to altered rear wing.
Coursed rubble limestone with dressed quoins; stone slate roof with flat gable
copings; flanking ashlar chimneys with ovolo-moulded cornices. 2 storeys and
attic, 3 bays. 3-pane sash windows in flush ashlar surrounds with beaded edges.
keyblocks and flush ashlar relieving arches. Outer bays have hipped eaves-line
dormers with 2-light wooden casements; small central skylight. Central
flush-panelled door with top lights, in ashlar surround similar to those of
windows. Door also has stone hood with open pediment on shaped scroll brackets.
Stair turret to centre rear. To rear of left bay is a lower 2-storey wing of
earlyl/mid C19 date with slate roof, and wooden and leaded casements. To rear of
right bay is a smaller single-storey wing, possibly c17 in origin, with c20
1-light stone mullion window and C20 pair of small trefoil-headed lights.
Listing NGR: SP2526104138
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings