This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7717 / 51°46'18"N
Longitude: 0.6067 / 0°36'23"E
OS Eastings: 579944
OS Northings: 211333
OS Grid: TL799113
Mapcode National: GBR QLG.XWN
Mapcode Global: VHJJY.GQLN
Entry Name: Brewery House
Listing Date: 13 March 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1308698
English Heritage Legacy ID: 115402
Location: Hatfield Peverel, Braintree, Essex, CM3
Civil Parish: Hatfield Peverel
Built-Up Area: Hatfield Peverel
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Hatfield Peverel St Andrew with Ulting All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
TL 7811-7911 HATFIELD PEVEREL THE GREEN
12/61 Brewery House
House. Late C18, altered c.1800 and late C19. Timber framed, partly plastered,
partly clad with red brick in Flemish bond, roofed with handmade red clay tiles.
3 bays facing W with end stacks, originally external, and central stair hall.
Short extensions added at each end to enclose stacks, front and part of sides
faced with brick, and rear lean-to extension added c.1800, with external stack
now truncated. Single-storey extension to left with axial stack and slate roof,
and slated lean-to extension at rear, late C19. 2 storeys, cellars and attics.
3-window range of sashes of 12 lights with segmental brick arches and some crown
glass. 6-panel door with overlight in recessed porch with panelled jambs and
flat hood, c.1800. 3 stone steps with wrought iron handrails. String course at
first floor. Horizontal sash of 12 lights in rear lean-to. Original stair from
ground to attics, with moulded rail and turned balusters. Original cast iron
Bath grate in left ground floor room, similar but introduced grate in right
ground floor room. C19 bread oven with cast iron door in left extension. Some
weatherboarding of rear extension enclosed by lean-to extension to left. A deed
of 1795 records a malthouse on the site, and early photographs show the building
to the right with a sign 'C. Brown, Hatfield Peverel Brewery', all in the
possession of the owners. Brewery believed discontinued c.1920.
Listing NGR: TL7994411333
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings