This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.9956 / 51°59'43"N
Longitude: -3.3383 / 3°20'18"W
OS Eastings: 308208
OS Northings: 233857
OS Grid: SO082338
Mapcode National: GBR YR.JGKW
Mapcode Global: VH6BT.330J
Entry Name: Old farmhouse at Llwyncynog including attached range to left
Listing Date: 31 March 2005
Last Amended: 31 March 2005
Source ID: 84320
Building Class: Domestic
Location: At a right angle to a minor road just NE of the current farmhouse at Llwyncynog.
Community: Felin-fach (Felin-fâch)
Traditional County: Brecknockshire
Late C17 or early C18 farmhouse, of two storeys and attic with attached byre downhill. Disused and in poor condition. When inspected in 1965 there was a panelled partition within dated 1625.
Marked on 1846 Tithe map as two farms, this one owned by Gwenllian Williams, occupied by William Price with 63 acres (25.5 hectares), and another to W owned by William Pearce Esq.., occupied by David Morgan, with 106 acres (42.9 hectares). A plaque to Thomas Jones of Llwyncynog, died 1814 is at Tabernacle Chapel, Maesyberllan.
House, rubble stone with slate roof, missing the end-wall chimneys. Two storeys, three-bays with earlier C19 small-paned windows, those below 16-pane with cambered heads and stone voussoirs, those above, square 12-pane, the heads under eaves. Facade is much obscured by ivy. N end wall to road has loft door.
Cowshed range attached downhill to left with asbestos roof, four doors with tooled stone voussoirs, and one square loft light under eaves, over third door.
Interior not inspected. Derelict. In 1965 it had a panelled partition in the hall dated 1625 and a rear stair tower incorporated in a later kitchen wing.
Included for its special historic interest as a late C17 or early C18 farmhouse.
Other nearby listed buildings