This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6201 / 51°37'12"N
Longitude: -3.4525 / 3°27'9"W
OS Eastings: 299536
OS Northings: 192256
OS Grid: SS995922
Mapcode National: GBR HK.949L
Mapcode Global: VH6DH.3JMV
Entry Name: Ysgoldy Ebenezer attached to left of Ebenezer Welsh Independent Chapel
Listing Date: 22 May 1978
Last Amended: 27 September 1996
Source ID: 17332
Building Class: Religious, Ritual and Funerary
Location: Situated on the main thoroughfare in a commanding position above the road and next to the Police Station.
County: Rhondda Cynon Taff
Traditional County: Glamorgan
Independent Cause in mid-Rhondda established 1865 under leadership of Charles Jenkins, William Jones, David Thomas. Chapel built 1867-8, builder William Richards at cost of £1000, remained centre of Cause in the Rhondda. Repairs and foundations strengthened 1873, new organ installed and improvements and repairs 1892, Revival 1904-5. Refurbishment possibly by Owen Morris Roberts and Son of Port Madoc.
Former Sunday School now used as chapel has planked dado and elaborate adjustable timber and glazed partition to meeting room.
Listed II* as one of the finest chapels in the Rhondda, retaining an exceptionally rich interior with fittings complete.
Other nearby listed buildings