Priory Dovecote, to West of St Mary's Priory Ruins, Guisborough
Description: Priory Dovecote, to West of St Mary's Priory Ruins
Date Listed: 14 June 1952
English Heritage Building ID: 59927
OS Grid Reference: NZ6160416031
OS Grid Coordinates: 461604, 516031
Latitude/Longitude: 54.5358, -1.0494
Location: Church Street, Guisborough, Redcar and Cleveland TS14 6BS
Incorrect location/postcode? Submit a correction!
NZ6116 GUISBOROUGH CHURCH STREET
(OFF SOUTH SIDE)
7/59 Priory Dovecote,
14.6.52 to W. of St.
Dovecote, now a garden store. C14, Dressed sandstone; mid C18
pyramidal Welsh slate roof with lead-roll ridges and leaded, ogee
roofed, open sided timber cupola, with weather vane finial.
Octagonal. 2 storeys. Drip mould between floors. Equilateral
headed doorway to S. elevation; vertically boarded door. Lancet
windows to. first floor. Blocked segmental-headed openings to E.
& W. elevations; lancet opening to N. elevation. Timber nesting
boxes have been removed.
Listing NGR: NZ6160416034
This text is a legacy record and has not been updated since the building was originally listed. Details of the building may have changed in the intervening time. You should not rely on this listing as an accurate description of the building.
Source: English Heritage
Listed building text is © Crown Copyright. Reproduced under licence.